May 14, 2012 - The Communist Manifesto: The New American Way? - Reality Heights
by R. Pettiford
- Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes
- A heavy progressive or graduated income tax
- Abolition of all rights of inheritance
- Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels
- Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly
- Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the state
- Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands , and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
- Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.
- Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in it's present form. Combination of education with industrial production.